Search Your Dream Job Here

general hr interview questions part 2





Educational Background:

Why did you attend that particular college?

"I chose this college because of its competitive atmosphere and the good reputation. This college emphasizes on practical, job-related courses and student participation in activities related to their specific career plans".

Did your family have any influence on your choice of college?

       "My family is always supportive to me and gives suggestions in a needful time, but they realized I was pretty sure of myself and knew what I wanted. They stood back and let me decide. They agreed with my decision and encouraged me to go ahead with this."

Why didn't you do better in school or your marks are so less?

"Apart from studies I was just involved with other activities and growing up. I always got along with my teachers and classmates, and I even won awards for (perfect attendance/science projects/debate club). The importance of grades did not have an impact on me then. I believe in clarifying the concept and in exams, apart from knowledge some others factors plays a very important role like writing speed and hand writing. Today I am sitting in front of you because of my clear concept and reducing the mistakes that brought low marks."


What was your favorite subject in college?

"Name those subjects which you know very well. Try to prepare at least two subject of your graduation before going to interview."

Did your grade/marks average reflect your work ability?

"My grades were above average to excellent, and I think my work record has been the same. There is a different method of evaluation in school, of course, and I've worked harder on the job than I did in school. At work, it is results that count, and I have always been able to achieve results. It's not just what you know, but what you do with what you know. This has always been my formula for career success. "
 
OR

"I earned average grades in school, but my work record has been good to excellent. In school you are evaluated simply by how well you show what you know. At work it's what you do with what you know, the results you achieve counts for everything. I have always concentrated on the result, and I've always delivered. "


Name two things you learned in your college that can help you in job.

"Many of the subjects I studied in school specifically apply to this field, including ... ,..., and ... Yet what school really taught me that has worked throughout my career was how to solve problems, how to apply myself, and, finally, how to set a goal and achieve it."


Do you subscribe to any magazines or professional journals? Which ones?

"Yes, I subscribe to and read ______________. (Mention the most influential journals in your field. If you don't know then simply say I used to read news paper."


Last Updated Date: March 11, 2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts in this Weak