Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

eBay Inc Company Profile – About eBay

eBay Inc Company Profile – About eBay


eBay Inc Company Profile

eBay Inc. (eBay), incorporated in May 1996, is a global commerce platform. The Company enables commerce through three reportable segments: Marketplaces, Payments and GSI Commerce (GSI). These segments provide online platform, services and tools to help individuals and small, medium and large merchants globally to establish online and mobile commerce and payments. In addition, through X.commerce, it has created an open source platform, which provides software developers and merchants access to its applications programming interfaces (APIs), to develop software and solutions for commerce.
As of December 31, 2011, it had more than 100 million active users transacting on its sites, millions of merchants using one or more of its platforms, and a developer community with more than 800,000 members using its APIs. On June 17, 2011, the Company acquired GSI Commerce, Inc. (GSI). In conjunction with the acquisition of GSI, it divested 100% of GSI's licensed sports merchandise business and 70% of GSI's ShopRunner and RueLaLa businesses. On August 11, 2011, the Company acquired Zong. On August 16, 2011, the Company acquired Magento, Inc. On October 13, 2011, Microsoft Corp. acquired remaining 30% of Skype Technologies S.A. In November 2011, the Company acquired recommendation engine http://hunch.com. In December 2011, the Company acquired BillSAFE, a provider of purchase-on-invoice technology in Germany. During the year ended December 31, 2011, the Company acquired Brands4friends and GittiGidiyor. In May 2012, PRIMEDIA announced that it completed the acquisition of eBay's Rent.com subsidiary.

Website: www.ebay.com

Last Updated Date: Saturday, January 19, 2013

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts in this Weak